Mental Health Consultant
I can help!
Are you overwhelmed?
Does the rise in mental health cases, lack of support, inadequate training, and increased responsibilities weigh you down?
Unfortunately, too many of us struggle privately for far too long and end up unmotivated or burnout. You are not alone!
Dr. Gwen’s Counselor Cafe is here to help you work through barriers and daily challenges to SELF-CARE that stand in the way of meeting program objectives and individual needs.
Educator Training Topics
- Youth Empowerment
- Managing Challenging Behaviors in Young Children
- Therapeutic Communication with Kids
- Behavior Disorders 101
- Austism 101
- ADHD 101
- Progress Monitoring
- Common Diagnosis in Young Children
- Parent Meetings
- Teen Groups
Experience & Expertise
Staff Development, Exhibits, and Community Partners.
- Amelia Island Book Festival
- American Counseling Association
- Chennai Counseling Foundation
- Delta Sigma Theta Hinesville Chapter
- Greenbriar Children’s Center
- Georgia Headstart Association
- HGJones & Associates
- Julie’s Haven
- National Youth Advocacy and Resiliency Conference
- Parent University
- Savannah Chatham County Public School System (SCCPSS)
- Savannah State University
- Tallatoona Community Action Program, Inc
- Uniformed Services University
Georgia Headstart Spring Training
St. Simons Island, Georgia
The Magic Wand: Managing Challenging Behaviors in Young Children
Benefits of Consultation
The first step is helping you clarify your problems. Next we will discover and apply our combined wisdom to find solutions. Problem solving involves assisting you with what to do and explaining how and why it’s done so that you can independently solve problems in the future.
Consultation services are highly confidential and professional. They are delivered in a carefully designed facilitative and collaborative manner in order to accomplish specific goals.
Feedback is an essential component of consultation. By engaging and challenging your progression in a constructive way (information specific, issue-focused and based on observations). I’ll provide guidance on expectations and outcomes. Feedback will help define where you are and determine next steps to achieving identified goals.
It’s common to become emotional when you’re overwhelmed by daily workplace challenges that can become toxic. Raw emotions such as anger, fear, frustration and worry may be hindering your success. I will use a common-sense approach to help you define the problem (awareness), acknowledge the problem (acceptance) and develop a plan to resolve the problem (action).