Make Self-Care a Priority
The holiday season is here. It is usually a very stress time of year without the added stress that Covid19 brings. This year there is not the usual excitement of spending time with family and friends, holiday parties and exchanging gifts. Covid-19 has everyone moving a little more cautiously. We are all trying to navigate and maintain some sense of normalcy in what has been a very chaotic year. This challenge brings added stress, mood swings, emotional eating and over indulgences. It is really easy to lose sight of those things that keep us grounded and help us sleep better at night. However, with a little proactive planning and preparation, you can survive – and even thrive – this holiday season by making self-care a priority. Take time to care for your own needs in the midst of
Here are 5 Self-Care Tips:
1. Exercise – Exercise is a great mood regulator. It reduces stress, improves mood and concentration and combats depression. Don’t skip your workouts.
2. Express Gratitude – Take time to reflect and appreciate the things that you are grateful for in your life. Little things matter too! Don’t forget to let others know the gratitude you feel.
3. Set Realistic Expectations – There is no such thing as a perfect holiday and this year will be no exception! Ask yourself if your goals are realistic and attainable. If not, stop it! Yeah, I said it. Stop it! Re-evaluate and modify. YOU are doing the best you can under the circumstances!
4. Feel – The holidays can evoke strong emotions (positive and negative) related to losses, relationships and family gatherings. It is okay to “pause” and acknowledge your feelings. Meditating, calling up a trusted friend to have a vent session or simply going for a walk may help to relieve unwanted tension.
5. Live in the Moment – Don’t get so wrapped up in yesterday or tomorrow that you don’t find time to gratify in the reason for the season; moments that make the holidays magical. Take notice of sights, sounds, and smells.
Wishing you peace, love, joy, and happiness this holiday season!
Peace & Blessings ~ Dr. Gwen
Click the links below for additional products and services.